Ntronium Forums
September 24, 2017, 08:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrong race for population with many factions  (Read 8842 times)
The Pixie

Email
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:15:58 AM »

My kids have been created races (and associated fractions) like there is no tomorrow. We have about 30 now (including the original factions). There seems to be a problem that the population for planets is of the wrong race.

If I cut out other races/factions, then the problematic race/faction works fine. When there are 30 races/factions available (but not necessarily used in the game) the race is wrong.
Iceman
Beta Testers

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 04:49:13 AM »

I remember having a problem with wrong races a long time ago, but that was when I swapped the Linkin and the Cryokon in either the Races.xml or the Factions.xml file, so that both had all races listed by the same order. It was a bad idea, for whatever reason.
Neutron
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:20:01 PM »

Yes, if change the order of races in the xml file, population type will be messed up in saved games.
The Pixie

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:06:27 AM »

This is when starting a brand new game they get messed up (changing the XML files for a save game seems guaranteed to mess it up).
Neutron
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »

When you say that the population is wrong, what do you mean. Does it show the wrong icon, or report the wrong name. Does the wrong population act as alien population (ie giving you unrest and half taxation).

I encountered no such problems adding races for the expansion.
The Pixie

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 12:14:36 AM »

It states the wrong population when you hover the mouse-pointer over the icons. I have not consciously chosen icons, I think they all use the human one. Is that the problem maybe?
Neutron
Administrator

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 03:46:43 AM »

does this happen in your starting colony. Maybe you haven't set the race correctly in he factions.xml
The Pixie

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »

Sorry, my bad. There was a problem with how the races and factions were set up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: