Ntronium Forums
November 19, 2017, 12:46:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PBeM - Problems Getting Turns  (Read 2355 times)
finebone
Beta Testers

Email
« on: August 19, 2015, 07:55:28 AM »

I've recently moved to someplace that had a DSL internet connection to Satellite.  Although Satellite can be high-speed, there are issues with latency.  A round trip to a website and back can take as long as three seconds.

What I've found, since I moved to satellite is that it is difficult to get my Armada 2526 PBeM turns properly.  I've found that if I go to the multiplayer screen and click the get turns button, my 2526 seems to be locked up.  The cancel button doesn't seem to do anything.  I don't know how long it would take to do whatever it is it needs to do, as I've always Alt-F4'd the game before it finishes, after a few minutes.  Luckily, whatever it's doing, it does seem to grab the turns, so if I reload the game I can see them and play them.

If Armada 2526 is a hot fudge sunday, then Supernova is a bannanna split you can share with friends!
Fumyaru

I'm Brazilian, so there might be grammar errors.

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 01:21:48 PM »

Always Happened to me, i even thought it is normal.
I just wait for the screen to unfreeze and resume playing the turn.

-I will Never Share map information, But will probably buy yours
-Please Don't invade my areas, I may intercept you.
-My eyes are open for pirates, stay away!
-I focus in the knowledge and information, and will achieve it at all costs!
Iceman
Beta Testers

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »

Not sure if it's the same issue you're reporting, but I've always Alt-Tab'ed out of the game screen right after hitting the check new mail button, because if I wait a couple of seconds before doing it, the game freezes and I need to Alt-F4. I've gotten used to it, but it's kind of unconfortable.
finebone
Beta Testers

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 06:20:56 AM »

Well, Until I moved somewhere with a Satellite connection, I never had to Alt+F4 out of the turn download screen.

I DID notice that the more e-mails I have in my g-mail account, the longer it takes to download turns.  Perhaps it always looks at every e-mail in the inbox, one at a time?  If it was doing that, with my 3-second round-trip per e-mail, that would explain why it's taking me so long.

If Armada 2526 is a hot fudge sunday, then Supernova is a bannanna split you can share with friends!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: